Inspirations from the Garden
Saturday, July 18, 2015
10 am – 2pm
Cancer Resource Centre, 926 Ridge Road, Munster, IN
$10 advance purchase / $12 at the door
Find a garden full of ideas and inspiration at this special program for the public. Tour the June Hawk-Franklin Garden of Meditation and Healing.
The Art of Balance
- Michael Grab, of Gravity Glue (www.gravityglue.com), will share his unique stone balancing creations, inspiring a sense that anything is possible. Enjoy watching his meditative process of balancing stones in such a way that they appear to be joined by glue. To view some of Michael's work click here.
(10am - 2pm)
- Guest Artist Shari Smith LeMonnier, of Munster, will create a painting inspired by the healing garden. LeMonnier's spiritual and peace related paintings have been recognized by the Middle East Council of Churches, the Embassy of Afghanistan and the White House.
(10am - 2pm)
- Lisa Sagami will demonstrate Ikebana, traditional Art of Japanese floral arranging emphasizing form and balance. She is a member of the Chicago Chapter of Ikebana International, an organization dedicated to the promotion of Ikebana.
(11am - 11:30am)
- Two lectures will be presented: "The Gift of Healing Herbs" by Vickie Jostes, Master Gardener and Master Naturalist and "Essential Oils for Health and Wellness" by Krys Stevens, mom, wife and IT professional who lives a healthier life thanks to these oils.
(The Gift of Healing Herbs: 11:45am - 12:15pm)
(Essential Oils for Health and Wellness: 12:30pm - 1pm)
- Demonstrations by Cancer Resource staff: Chi Gong, a gentle form of exercise that improves health and overall well-being by Senior Yoga Instructor Andy Wichlinski and Crystal Bowl Sound Healing by instructor Pam Kozy, RMT, IARP.
(Chi Gong: 1:15pm- 1:45pm)
(Crystal Bowl Sound Healing: 10am - 2pm)
Thanks to Our Generous Sponsors:
Proceeds benefit the Cancer Resource Centre, which provides free education, support and mind-body programs for patients with cancer and their loved ones.