Inspirations from the Garden
Saturday, July 27,
9 am – noon
Cancer Resource Centre, 926 Ridge Road, Munster, IN
$10 advance purchase / $12 at the door
Purchase tickets now online via Credit Card (payments processed via PayPal, but no account needed):
Find a garden full of ideas and inspiration at this special program for the public. Tour the beautiful healing water garden of the Cancer Resource Centre. This program is sponsored by the Friends of the Cancer Resource Centre.
Demonstrations & Workshops:
- 9:30 - 10 am / Whether you grow your own food or shop, Chef Dana Wichlinski will discuss how to eat healthy on a budget and get the most nutrition out of your food. Dana teaches nutrition classes at Ivy Tech Community College.
- 10:30 am - 11 am / Your attitude, behavior and thought process can all be affected by your posture. Join Senior Yoga instructor Andy Wichlinski for this inspiring mind/body workshop.
- 11:30am - 12 pm / Garden-Inspired Floral Arranging: From hydrangeas to roses, learn how to take flowers from your garden (or a store) and create beautiful floral arrangements. Gayle Dixon, owner of Dixon Florist in Munster will share tricks for making your flowers last longer.
- View the nature-inspired paintings of David Renfro, who after overcoming great odds diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor relearned to draw and paint with his left hand.
- Artist Shari Smith LeMonnier will use the healing garden as her inspiration for a painting she'll create. LeMonnier's spiritual and peace related paintings have been recognized by the Middle East Council of Churches, the Embassy of Afghanistan and the White House.
- The work of local landscape artists will be on display through the garden and you'll be inspired to try some of these interesting plant combinations in your own planters. See the work of: Allen Landscape Centre, Artful Garden, Crown Point Garden Club, Big John's Farm Market & Greenhouses, Dixon Florist, Gardens on the Prairie, Jansma Farmstand, Leo's Feed & Garden Center, Remus Farms, Smits Farms, South County Landscaping, Tim's Landscaping and Joe Williamson.
- View the garden photography of Joanne Markiewicz.
Proceeds benefit the Cancer Resource Centre in Munster, which provides free education, support and mind-body programs for patients with cancer and their loved ones.